Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Open Book: 50 Sad Chairs

Bill Keaggy's book, 50 Sad Chairs, is finally out. I've been thoroughly moved by Keaggy's work in the past but holding onto a tangible thing brought my appreciation to a new level. After I received my copy in the mail, I devoured it in a mere minutes. Then I reflected...and went back through it again. I believe this sequence will repeat.

It's a physically tiny book - it's cheap - but it's stirring and should be on your coffee table, next to your bed, or snuggled up tight in your purse.

I didn't necessarily snap the photo above with Keaggy's project in mind but when I got home and uploaded it, I realized he sunk into my subconscious more than I thought.

Love it, Bill Keaggy. Congratulations on the published success!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo!

Bill Keaggy said...

Wow, thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

wonderful and hilarious

/// said...

Awww, they are a bit sad. :(