Friday, April 18, 2008

Bonus Bone: Bootsie's Bunk Cat Bed & PlayRoom

Bootsie's Bunk Cat Bed & Playroom, at Doctors Foster and Smith
Can we all agree that cat furniture is generally hideous? The multi-leveled, carpeted monstrosities that tower in the corners of rec rooms and dens across America will simply never find a way into my heart. I'm not being snobby or hatin' on cats, I just don't want to have nightmares.

Recently, there's been a contemporary tweak in the world of feline furnishings. I've seen some items that look well-designed and modern but, to me, they still look like they're trying too hard.

This boxy cat castle and recliner, on the other hand, is just plain cute. It makes me think of toys, like Legos and Connect Four, I used to play with as a kid. Also, with the basic frame and inoffensive quilted kitty pad, it's not trying to be fancy.

I won't be buying it for my catties because I do have unrestricted access to PLENTY of cardboard boxes. But, with a name like Bootsie's Bunk, I couldn't resist showing it to all of you.

For these reasons, I, Cardboard, declare this a Design Boner.

No comments: