Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A ray of sunshine

Marimekko red kivet umbrella, available at FinnishGifts.com


Dombra yellow fabric by Merimekko

On my way to work the other day, I saw a woman carrying a sunny yellow Merimekko umbrella (just like the one pictured above, but I couldn't find the yellow version anywhere online). It was such a happy burst of sunshine on a grey, drizzly day. It made me smile instantly. I've been noticing that I have been smiling more and more lately when I see these little bursts of sunshine and happiness. I smile at a planter full of pansies, a flowering tree, tiny little crocuses, and squirrels frolicking.

I've been thinking of ways to achieve those smiles indoors. I think I would get the biggest smile from some curtains made out of the sunny yellow Dombra fabric by Merimekko. Imagine waking up in the morning and seeing these curtains in your bedroom. POW! You'll bounce out of bed with more energy than a 3 year old after a birthday party!!

No comments: